The purpose of this activity is to enable the learner to increase their knowledge of the AORN guidelines for flexible endoscopes.
This module will help the surgical team understand and implement the AORN “Guideline for flexible endoscopes”, including guidance for processing reusable flexible endoscopes and accessories using the manufacturer’s instructions for use for each type of endoscope as well as controlling and maintaining the environment to support processing activities. This module includes a Power Point presentation; an interactive educational game; pod cast; a case study; an AORN Journal article and Quick View.
- Describe the steps of the endoscope processing cycle
- Explain the reasons for using a cleaning verification test
- Describe steps involved in mechanical cleaning and processing
- Discuss optimal storage conditions for flexible endoscopes
- Identify considerations for conducting routine microbiologic surveillance
After presenting this in-service attendee may earn 4.0 contact hours by registering and completing the course evaluation.