This COVID-19 Clinical Update panel discussion will answer frequently asked questions asked by perioperative nurses caring for COVID-19 patients. This week’s discussion will focus on questions asked during last week’s clinical update webinar and other content as the situation continues to develop.
Perioperative nurses will have the knowledge to increase their self-care actions, to implement practices that reduce transmission of the coronavirus, reduce hazards to health when technology is used during surgery, and the appropriate PPE to use in various patient care situations.
- List two ways to increase self-care.
- List two best practices to reduce transmission of the coronavirus.
- Describe available resources for possible cross-training of perioperative nurses during the pandemic.
- Describe measures to reduce potential hazards to health care personnel.
- Describe PPE preparation for personnel in the surgical suite.