The learner will have the knowledge to confidently implement the recommended practices from the AORN Guideline for Sterile Technique to maintain sterility and prevent contamination of the sterile field and sterile items during operative and other invasive procedures.
Upon completion of this module, the participant should be able to:
- Identify practices to prevent contamination of the sterile field before it is prepared.
- Identify clinical considerations for donning sterile gowns and gloves.
- Identify interventions for proper preparation of the sterile field.
- Identify intraoperative activities for maintaining the sterile field.
- Identify quality assurance activities that improve understanding of the principles and processes of sterile technique.