This course will prepare the perioperative RN to sit for the CNOR® exam by strengthening his or her knowledge of perioperative nursing. This course is a review of the current AORN Guidelines for Perioperative Practice and evidence-based practice guidelines and will help reinforce fundamental concepts of perioperative nursing. Money back guarantee for those course participants who fail the CNOR® exam and meet the money back criteria.
- Identify the governing body administering the CNOR credential.
- Apply test taking strategies for the CNOR examination.
- Discuss key components of the nursing process related to perioperative nursing.
- Identify clinical reasoning and critical thinking skills necessary to effectively practice perioperative nursing.
- Identify safety measures to maintain a sterile field throughout the perioperative stay.
- Identify nursing interventions to ensure a safe environment for the perioperative patient.
- Identify strategies to assist the perioperative patient during the administration of anesthesia.
- Recognize perioperative patient complications associated with acute or chronic conditions.
- Recognize signs and symptoms of a perioperative patient's changing condition.
- Describe the role of the perioperative RN in emergent or crisis situations in the perioperative period.
- Identify components of effective communication in the perioperative practice setting.
- Identify the perioperative RN's role as patient advocate.
- Examine perioperative concerns for special populations of perioperative patients
- Describe safe patient handling and movement interventions.
- Discuss the perioperative RN's role in patient and family education.